Root Canal Therapy – Fort Mill, SC
Straightforward Method for Alleviating Tooth Pain
Are you struggling with a painful toothache that feels like it’s worsening over time? Unlike your other organs, your teeth won’t be able to heal on their own. This means a toothache isn’t going to disappear by itself. Additionally, dental pain can be due to an infection within your tooth, which can result in losing it and infecting the rest of your smile if left untreated. Our team at Southlake Family Dentistry can eliminate toothaches effectively and stop the spread of disease with root canal therapy in Fort Mill. Keep reading or give our office a call today to schedule an appointment!
Why Choose Southlake Family Dentistry for Dental Implants?
- Offers Sedation Dentistry For An Enjoyable Experience
- Utilizes Advanced Dental Technology For Accurate Treatment
- Dedicated Dental Professionals With Many Years Of Experience
Do I Need Root Canal Therapy?
While a toothache may be uncomfortable, not all of them will require root canal therapy to treat. That said, here are several reasons you might need this tooth-saving treatment:
- Tooth sensitivity that persists or lingers for 30 seconds or longer
- A sharp, stabbing discomfort when biting down
- Long-lasting, severe, or worsening tooth pain
- A small, pimple-like bump on your gums
- Discoloration, looseness, or numbness in a tooth
The best way to be certain if you need to undergo root canal therapy is to visit your dentist for an oral examination. However, the longer you wait to address the issue, the higher the likelihood that it will worsen. Be sure to notify our team if you notice any of these symptoms so that we can begin alleviating the problem.
The Root Canal Process
Most people who hear about root canal therapy immediately assume that the treatment involves discomfort. This couldn’t be further from the truth. With modern dental technology, techniques, and effective numbing agents, you shouldn’t have anything to worry about going into the procedure. In fact, most patients report the process feeling no worse than receiving a large filling. More importantly, root canal therapy provides a simple and reliable way to alleviate severe toothaches, eliminating discomfort as soon as possible.
Before starting any work, your dentist will first completely numb your mouth to keep you as comfortable as possible. They’ll then make a small hole in the affected tooth and use special tools to extract the decayed and infected particles. After thoroughly sanitizing the area, they’ll refill it with biocompatible material. While this will seal off the exposed area, our team will likely provide you with a custom-designed dental crown to strengthen and protect your tooth from further complications.
The Benefits of Getting a Root Canal
You can expect to enjoy plenty of essential benefits after undergoing root canal therapy, including:
- Pain-free pearly whites: By removing an infection and eliminating a severe toothache, you’ll be able to return to eating, speaking, and even sleeping comfortably.
- Prevent further serious issues early on: If left untreated, dental infections can result in tooth loss and other systemic health problems. Root canal therapy can put a stop to these complications and help you avoid the burdens that come with tooth extractions.
- Eliminate discomfort when chewing, eating, and drinking
- Improve the look and function of your tooth: Other than restoring the tooth, your custom-made restoration will also rebuild its strength and enhance its appearance.